Military Specifications: MIL-C-26500 – Cylindrical Omega
The C48 Series describes a family of connectors qualified to MIL-C-26500. While maintaining the MIL-C-26500 mating interface, this product has also been expanded to include qualifications to numerous Boeing specifications to satisfy general purpose requirements and unique product challenges for shielding, environmental sealing, fluid resistance, and vibration.
- Qualified to MIL-C-26500.
- Styles qualified to Boeing BACC45 Series.
- Styles qualified to Boeing BACC63 Series.
- Power Contact Sizes: 20, 16, and 12.
- Coax Contacts Available: Size 12 and 8.
- Contacts: Crimp – Front release.
- Optional Fixed Contacts: PC Termination.
- Coupling Styles: Bayonet and Threaded.
- Environmentally Sealed.
||How to Order
- Shell: Aluminum, stainless-steel options available
- Finish: Aluminum – Anodize, optional electroless nickel/cadmium over nickel
- Rubber: Silicone/fluorosilicone
- Dielectric: Glass-filled epoxy
- Temperature Extremes: +200°C / 392°F to -55°C / -65°F
- Ozone Resistance: 0.015% by volume
- Temperature Life: Internal 238°C for 1,000 hours
- Moisture Resistance: 1,000 megohms minimum / MIL-STD-202, Method 106
- Thermal Shock: -55°C (-67°F) to 260°C (500°F)
- Dielectric Strength: 1,500 volts VAC RMS
- Current Rating (Test):
- Size 20 7.5 Amps D.C.
- Size 16 13.0 Amps D.C.
- Size 12 23.0 Amps D.C.
- Insulation Resistance: 5,000 megohms minimum
- Contact Retention:
- Size 20 – 20 lb. minimum
- Size 16 – 25 lb. minimum
- Size 12 – 30 lb. minimum
- Threaded – 200 mating cycles
- Bayonet – 500 mating cycles
- Vibration: Std – 20 g’s; 12 hours (Synasoidal)
MMB / Self-Lock – 39.6 g’s RMS, 48 hours (Random)